Heritage Trail of Mangonui | A fine walk around the Heritage Precinct of Mangonui township in Far North New Zealand | Site 10
EARLY COLONIAL VILLA 1902
This beautifully preserved villa was built in 1902 by Mr. John Bray, proprietor of several hotels in Mangonui.
It was home to a number of early Mangonui doctors, including Dr. Douglas Cameron, a surgeon who conducted a private practice from this house. In 1926, Dr. Cameron was appointed as the first Surgeon-Superintendent of the Mangonui Hospital, which was located further up the hill (across State Highway 10). The Hospital buildings were subsequently relocated to Kaitaia.
Please respect the owner’s privacy by not entering this property.
Next:Continue down Tasman Street to the original Mangonui School and County Council Building Site 11.